Cupid, candy, cards and hearts – all symbols of love on Valentines Day. My favourite is the heart, the symbol of Life, Health, Affection, Passion and of course LOVE! So it only makes sense that I am crocheting these little hearts like crazy!
Crochet patterns for appliqués can be a little tricky sometimes so I have broken it down a little further to make it easier to follow along. I hope you all have great success with the heart pattern. Be sure to comment below let me know how yours turned out and be sure to tag my on Instagram @prettydarnadorable hashtag #pdamaker.
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
st – stitch
sts – stitches
slst – slip stitch
I used worsted weight yarn – but this design will work great with any size yarn as long as you use the correct hook size for the weight of the yarn.
YOUR CHOICE OF HOOK
Using 4.00 mm hook heart will measure 4″ across widest part
Using 5.00 mm hook heart will measure 4 1/2″ across widest part
Using 6.00 mm hook heart will measure 5″ across widest part
Notes: This heart will be worked in rounds. The beginning round will be worked across the top of the beginning chain and then around the bottom – creating your 1st round.
Use stitch markers to mark the beginning of each round.
Stitches in brackets eg (sc, ch 2, sc) are all worked in one stitch.
Using hook of your choice:
Ch 15 Be sure to keep stitches loose otherwise it will be difficult to work round 1.
- 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 5 ch, skip next 2 ch (place stitch marker to mark ch 2 space), sc in next 5 ch, 3 sc in last ch.
Turn work so that you are now working in the bottom loops of beginning chain.
- Sc in 1st 5 sts, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch 2 space, sc in last 5 sts. (30)
You will now be at the very first stitch of round 1 as indicated by your stitch marker.
- 2 sc in 1st 3 sts, sc in next 4 sts, skip next 2 sts. Sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next 3 sts.
- Sc in next 6 sts, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch 2 space. Sc in last 6 sts (36)
- 2 sc in next 6 sts, sc next 3 sts, skip 2 sts. Sc next 3 sts, 2sc next 6 sts.
- Sc next 7 sts, (sc, ch 2, sc) (Place stitch marker in ch 2 space) Sc last 7 sts. (48)
- Sc in 1st 6 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts. Sc next 6 sts, skip next 2 sts. Sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts.
- Sc in next 14 sts, (sc, ch 3, sc) in ch 2 space. Sc in last 9 sts. (53)
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @prettydarnadorable hashtag #pdamaker I would love to see how these turn out for you!
Copyright ©2018 Pretty Darn Adorable All rights reserved. These instructions may not be photocopied or reproduced in any manner. They may not be kitted or sold. I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete. I cannot, however, be responsible for human error, or variations in individual work.